We’ve grown to appreciate Oppo’s relentless drive for breaking the mold and introducing unorthodox innovations – be it a swivel or a pop-up camera, geometry-inspired panels, the VOOC fast charging, or even soccer-themed phones.
The latest Find X3 Pro flagship doesn’t shy away from innovation either – in addition to the cutting-edge specs and design, the new Find also bets big on 10-bit color by pushing 10-bit cameras and a 10-bit screen to make sure you are viewing what you’ve captured in its full glory.
Indeed, the Oppo Find X3 Pro was presented under the Awaken Color slogan, meaning you can capture and see 1 billion colors with the hit of a button – something you can’t do anywhere else, not that easily, at least.
There is a curved 6.7″ 10-bit OLED screen of high resolution and high refresh rate, while on the back, you’ll find a quartet of snappers that can capture the world around you with 10-bit color.
The whole Find X3 Pro was thoughtfully designed to envelope these two key features into one extraordinary-shaped and waterproofed body. Everything looks so well designed, and the organic curves around the rear camera are something we haven’t seen so far, so kudos for that!
The quad-camera on the back is also bringing surprises – while it looks like your typical quartet of wide/ultrawide/tele/macro, it is, in fact, more than meets the eye. The two wide snappers use identical 50MP Sony IMX 766 sensors, with different optics, of course, then we have a 13MP 2x tele, and a 3MP microscope camera with 60x magnification and a LED ring flash around the whole things. The micro camera will let you to see details that are invisible to the naked eye and sounds really cool on paper. We just can’t wait to test it. Is it another gimmick? Maybe! But color us intrigued as we haven’t seen such type of shooter on any phone.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro offers the current best Snapdragon 888 chipset with a 5G modem and support for thirteen 5G bands.
The phone is sold in a single configuration, but it is more than fitting for a flagship – 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB of UFS3.1 storage.
You also get Dolby Atmos-certified stereo speakers and a large 4,500mAh battery with the latest 65W VOOC fast charging. It can even do fast wireless and reverse wireless charging if that’s your thing.
Oppo Find X3 Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.6×74.0x8.3mm, 193g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back, aluminum frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins).
- Display: 6.70″ LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak), 1440x3216px resolution, 20.1:9 aspect ratio, 525ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.2.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 50 MP, f/2.2, 110˚, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 2x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, PDAF; Macro: 3 MP, f/3.0.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10‑bit video; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 65W, 40% in 10 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 30W, 100% in 80 min (advertised), Reverse wireless charging 10W, SuperVOOC 2.0, USB Power Delivery.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); stereo speakers; NFC.
A quick look through these specs, and we are already intrigued by the 10-bit promises and the microscope camera. We appreciate Oppo throwing in official IP68 certification, and it seems Xiaomi is the last one of the major makers that still stubbornly refuses to get that for its phones.
The Find X3 Pro will be sold in many international markets, and Oppo is offering a free global warranty to go with it, one similar to what Apple is promising for its iPhones and Macbooks. It is one of the concerns when buying a Chinese phone, and we like that Oppo is stepping up its game.
And now, without further ado, let’s unbox our Gloss Black Oppo Find X3 Pro.
Unboxing the Oppo Find X3 Pro
Unlike them Galaxies and iPhones, the Oppo Find X3 Pro arrives in a big fat retail box jam-packed with stuff. In addition to your new Find X, inside, you’ll also find a 65W VOOC 2.0 power adapter and a 6.5A-rated USB-A-to-C cable that you’ll need to reach the max wattage.
The retail bundle also contains a USB-C EarPods-like headset and a black protective case made of rubber with a nice matte finish.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro comes with a thin plastic film applied on the screen, but this can hardly pass for a screen protector. There is a Gorilla Glass 5 shielding the screen, so you are well covered. This cheap film gets smudgy in seconds, so we’d suggest peeling it off immediately and opting for a proper protector, if you decide you need one, that is.